~ Son Rose Rabbitry ~

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1-17-12

Well, Everything is going good here. It turns out that Chanelle has two torts. Not as exciting as I was hoping for but at least its a litter. They are really cute though. They will probably be available. I know these are torts. Starburst's litter was not this and they look alot like what the HL's would look like.



Myrtle had three peanuts. UGH! I thought that they might have been but I had not messed with them that much but went in the third day to see what was what and found three peanuts. I do have a Broken with good pattern and one that I'm not sure about. Question for all you HL breeders: Does a HL with a pattern that would not be considered a charlie in ND's not be a Charlie in HL's? Here is a couple of pics of that kit.





In the picture above, you can see the stripe down the back with lots of dots. You can't see the dots very well but they are there.




In this picture, you can see it has a full butterfly, eye marks and has a few dots on its head. I know in the ND's this would be showable but I'm not sure about in HL's.





The Spartanburg show is coming up and we are all excited! We are taking seven and picking up four. We are getting a HL Sable Point Jr Doe from www.hollandlopsatnarrowgatefarm.com (Narrow Gate Farm), A HL Broken Siamese Sable SR Doe from Sherri Green, A ND Broken Chocolate Jr doe from Seven Dwarf's Rabbitry http://sevendwarfsrabbitry.weebly.com/index.html

and a Broken Black Fuzzy Lop JR Buck from Lile's Lops Rabbitry. http://www.lileslops.com/


Yes, we have decided to do a few Fuzzy Lops! We will be trying to get a few does over the next few months. We are getting this buck and will get does and see how it goes. My sister really likes them and so she is going to try to raise a few and even show.


Well, I have decided to sell my two Orange does. Well really one is a Broken. With us getting Fuzzy Lops and adding HL's we need the room and Oranges take up way to much space because you can't breed them to much. And I have Clara who just bred and the BEW' s will take alot room as well. It would be to much to try to do both Oranges and BEWs. Both does are bred and won't be ready until their litters are weaned which will be in March sometime but I can hold them.


TNT

3 comments:

  1. The HL baby looks to be a charlie. You can still show charlie Hollands, but you can get points deducted for not enough coloring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the reply. We had no idea. :) I knew ND's wouldn't have been but didn't know about HL's.

    ReplyDelete