~ Son Rose Rabbitry ~

Friday, November 4, 2011

11-3-11





Can you believe it is already November? The days go by fast! I lost Dancer's whole litter. :( I'm not really sure what happened. Well I'll just try again.





Starburst babies are doing great. I think I mentioned that the sire is my Siamese Sable buck, Jacob. Most of you are probably thinking "Why would you breed a Orange to a Sable??" but let me tell you the story.......








Starburst, my broken orange nd doe became broody at about 4/5 months so I decided "why not try to breed her? She's young, and does normally miss the first time." Then the question came. "Who do I breed her to???" At the time, I had no chocoalates, oranges, ect. Her type is OK and my sable buck has really nice type so I thought "why not?" So the 31 days went by and a week before I put hay and a box in. Not expecting much. I went out to feed and water on her due date who is ripping out fur?!? I was shocked! It turned out to be chestnuts. I pictured them below: (These are random photos, I didn't get them at the same age.)






Chestnut Doe







Aren't we cute?



Broken Chestnut buck




So after that I bred her to my broken orange buck "Fireball" and she missed. Then I got to thinking "That was fun getting chestnuts, I'm going to try that again" and got TORTS!! What a suprise. I took this picture today:










Aren't they adorable?!? They are so sweet!!! Starburst won't be going anywhere any time soon! :) She is a great mom! Thank you Andrea at Peachtree Rabbitree for this sweet doe!




I updated the website and took Broken Splash off. She is turning out way nicer than I thought so I bred her to Hershey. I might sell her in the future but for right now I want to see what I can get. Cocoanut our HL doe is due tomorrow and if she kindles I will write a new post.




~ Until next time ~